What is it that allows us to recognize our magnificence and celebrate our Gifts?
Having a healthy perspective
Consider that you are born with gifts and abilities that are innate and were given to you by your creator. In order to honor yourself and your creator it is healthy to receive and use these gifts by:
1) Having awareness
- Take time, be honest and write a list of what your strengths are and how you are creative.
- Ask a trusted friend or recall what you have received compliments or positive feedback for in the past.
- Complete The Strength Finder 2.0 questionnaire (purchasing the book is necessary to get your pass code to access it via Amazon.com). The questionnaire will give you your top 5 strengths…you may be surprised!
2) Sharing your gifts with others to the best of your ability
- In conversation, share your abilities with confidence and connect with others. Remember the way you represent yourself in the world is how others will respond to you.
- In practice, share your talents with others and persevere to grow and learn, striving for the best of your ability.
3) Believing that it is healthy to be empowered and to have healthy self esteem. How is it that so many of us can field a criticism but are uncomfortable with a well intended compliment? Stay humble and keep your judgments, comparisons with others, and ego in check.
Receiving and giving are interchangeable and when you experience one you experience the other. For example, when you give a gift you receive gratitude. Once you are aware of your gifts, give thanks 1) to your creator 2) to your body 3) to your mind 4) to your spirit for that which you have been blessed. Gratitude in return will potentiate more awareness.
Commemorating your success
Take the time to celebrate your accomplishments, whether it is a promotion, a new skill or a new lesson learned, by doing something meaningful for yourself. It may include a bubble bath, a massage, a day off to play…This will bring the energy forward for future accomplishments.
What gifts are you aware you possess and which ones have you yet to open? How are you going to celebrate them today?